terça-feira, 1 de novembro de 2016

I always felt like I could be a real Princess. I had a video in a red case called "The Princess and The Pea"

One day he stacked up all the cushions in the house in a corner of the sitting room. He put a frozen pea underneath them and he got a ladder for me to climb up. I climbed up to the top of the cushions and I couldn't believe it... I could actually feel the pea. That was proof that I was a Princess.

I am going back to school.
I am raging that I have to go back to school
I always know its nearly time when I see the back to school
signs in Crazy Prices.
I am sitting on the step down to the kitchen tying the laces in my black boots and I hear it on the radio.

"The Princess...Diana of Wales...blah blah...while travelling in a car...Dodi Al Fahed...has died...grief...out pourings...."

I tell my Mother and she doesn't believe me at first. Then she starts wailing crying.

We don't go to school, we sit on the sofa watching it all on the telly. We cry and my brother can't understand why we are crying. We see images of the Princess in a hospital visiting sick children, and we see her crying because she had a hard life really and I cry too, I cry with her on the interview, because I am a Princess and I had a hard life too...

(The Dyas Sisters - Grace & Veronica Dyas)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário